Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Serious Poem About Why I Don't Like October.

This poem has nothing to do with Star Wars or an 80s TV show.  But it does involve a hot chick...that I almost married!


For most folks October is great, a time for horror and fun.
But not for me, I surely dread that early setting sun.

This month reminds me of the time I had a special love.
But time revealed she was not sent from Heaven up above.

I came to learn that she was only nice on the outside.
Inside she was mean as sin, and she took me for a ride.

Our drive down love's highway ended in a crash.
For her heart wrote checks that her nature couldn't cash.

Our relationship was tumultuous, it's hard to explain it.
It was kind of like a cross between The Graduate and Blue Velvet.

I spent time in a haze of passion, a blizzard of sex snow.
And I met scary people that I didn't want to know.

It felt like an eternity, but it didn't last that long.
And there was no artful direction, or kick ass Simon & Garfunkel songs.

I couldn't think straight around her, distracted 'cause she was so pretty.
And I constantly forgave her, even though she treated me shitty.

We became as good as married in our minds, but married in the mind's no good.
I ripped that last part off from a Weezer song - just wanted that understood.

We first met in October, and this cannot be forgotten.
And I still remember the fun we had, even though it all turned rotten.

People can't seem to understand why I feel so haunted.
If you've ever loved then you should know - it's a powerful thing to be wanted.

So this month feels extra cold to me, and I don't feel too groovy.
I have to distract myself with poetry and horror movies.

But what disturbs me the most and sometimes frays my sanity.
Is that she was the only girl I ever loved - so what does that say about me?


p.s. That last part was too melodramatic but it sounded good so I went for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment